Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hierarchy slicer erroring after today's update

Hi all,

I have several reports that use the hierarchy slicer, which were all working fine for months until today. When you try to filter at any node of the hierarchy slicer, all other visuals error out with the "!" cannot display data.

I've found that this only impacts my reports in the Power BI service and Power BI embedded, but the desktop version of the report filters without errors.

I also noticed that if change the Empty Leaf setting to On (default), the filtering works again! However, I really like the ability to turn off the empty leafs as it is a better user experience. Has anyone else had issues after today's update to PBI service/Desktop? If you have reports with the attribute slicer, please test and let me know!

@jppp - If you have any updates, please let me know as well. I really love the custom visual and use it for many clients. I'm also curious if there is support to pass through the of the hierarchy slicer (lowest chosen level) when using the new Drillthrough feature. It doesn't seem to pass the correct context to the drillthrough page.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Mardin,

The current version should not be giving blank visuals and can be forced to be used by manual clearing the browser cache.

-JP

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors