Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

beauxis
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hierarchy in Power BI Service is broken

Hello to the community,

Since yesterday, the hierarchy in the line charts is totaly broken when the field parameter for the value is changing.

Here is the page :

beauxis_1-1663055780735.png

As you can see there is multiple level of hierarchy (4 levels), and by default the hierarchy is set to level 3.

The problem is, when I change the value of the line, which is linked to a field parameter, the hierarchy changes and expand all the levels :

beauxis_2-1663055851068.png

As you can see the hierarchy changes There is no bookmarks linked to this action. 

Here is the action :

Traffic - Power BI (1).gif

There is no errors on the Power BI Desktop.

I hope to find some help here..

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @beauxis ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

beauxis
Advocate I
Advocate I

Yes the new release talks about a new feature, not something that breaks an old feature..

Sometimes introducing new features breaks old features.

You can raise an issue at https://issues.powerbi.com . If you have a Pro license you can consider raising a Pro ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Anonymous
Not applicable

A product, especially one as large as PowerBI, from a company that is as big as Microsoft, should at the very least notify users of these changes/feature breaks with good time, instead of changing the service overnight, breaking many reports. 

This is a bug (inconsistencies between desktop and service is not intentional, should I keep a list of everything that could change or break my report on publish?), that was introduced, and everytime it has been demonstrated to Microsoft that this is the case (please see my post on replicating this bug - X Axis continuous to categroical bug on publish - ... - Microsoft Power BI Community), Microsoft support has gone radio silent.

It has been a week now and still without recognition of this issue from Microsoft.

You can't introduce new features and simply be happy with leaving in broken features @lbendlin, this is poor software design. Instead for properly versioned software you release as stable should be what it says on the tin - stable.

@Anonymous In my experience the most productive way to handle these kinds of situations is to raise a Pro ticket and refuse to let it be closed until it is resolved to your satisfaction.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I'm going to have to go this route. It is a shame because many others have had this issue, and Microsoft has ignored them also.

beauxis
Advocate I
Advocate I

Yes the new release talks about a new feature, not something that breaks an old feature..

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Note the announcement for the September release. It talks about the changes for this feature.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors