Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

justingraff88
Helper I
Helper I

Hiding Dataset from end users while keeping calculations

I have a report I am building with employee salary information (how the calcuations start) rolling up to department level costing (displayed in the report). This report will be shared with most of the company so they can see their department's margins, however, it is critically important that no one is able to access the employee salary information. So far I have just hidden the dataset but someone could just download the pbx and unhide it. Is there a way to keep them from accessing the datasests?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @justingraff88

How do you share the report to the end users?

If you share the report as this article said, no one can see or download the dataset.

According to this article, To download the file from Service, you must have edit access to the report, so don't give the "edit" access to the end users if you share the report via Apps.

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @justingraff88

How do you share the report to the end users?

If you share the report as this article said, no one can see or download the dataset.

According to this article, To download the file from Service, you must have edit access to the report, so don't give the "edit" access to the end users if you share the report via Apps.

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors