Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MarcoB
Regular Visitor

Hide visual level filters on Desktop not working in Power BI Service

Hi guys. I need your help.

I've been trying to hide visual level filters, so that in the filter pane only page level filters appear. While in Power BI Desktop the hide button works, once published, in Power BI Service it seems to have no effect.

Am I missing something?

Hide visual level filter - DesktopHide visual level filter - DesktopVisual level filter - ServiceVisual level filter - Service

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yup, they just fixed it with the most recent March 2019 version posted last week.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
filipe2s
Regular Visitor

Subscribed:
It would be really nice to be able to say what filters are available on a page.  Visual, page or report level.

AliKhan
Frequent Visitor

Seeing the same behaviour as well.

I spoke with Microsoft.  This seems to be something that is now a known issue.  They are working on a fix.

Anonymous
Not applicable

After publishing the Power BI Dekstop report if you hide these filters from Services going to "Edit report" it will work. These changes should be carried over when report is published from Desktop. I think Microsoft is already working on this issue.

Yup, they just fixed it with the most recent March 2019 version posted last week.

AugustoChaves
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same here. I was under the impression that this used to work. Visual Level filters are almost useless, this needs a fix ASAP, please.

dheinric
Frequent Visitor

I am seeing the same thing.  It would be really nice to be able to say what filters are available on a page.  Visual, page or report level.

JSummersgill
Advocate I
Advocate I

I've just noticed this issue as well. I definitely feel like the visual filters visible previously matched between Desktop and Service. This now does not appear to be the case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors