Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide filter pane in embbed application

Hi All,

I am facing issue with filter pane in the power bi reports which is embedded in an application.  I don't want to show filter pane so I have hideit in the desktop using eye icon, and it is not visbile on service as well. Earlier, it was not visible in reports in the embedded application, but suddenly it is visble in an embedded application even though I have hide it on desktop. 

What might be the reason?

Is this due to the power bi monthly update? My current version of PBI desktop is 2.80.5803.1061 64-bit (April 2020) and previous version when it filter pane was not showing into application was jan/feb(not sure).

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kobian_1-1632901867186.png

click here close to eye icon

MichalStepanek
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here. Using the eye icon in the PBI Desktop should disable filter panel in both published version and the embedded application as described here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-report-filter. Everything was working well till last week, now it does not work for embedded. Is it a bug?
Thanks

I was informed by Microsoft support that it is a known issue at this time. The permanent fix will be available on 12th of June.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi! Hiding the filter pane is not something you have to do in power bi desktop for embeded apps. It will depend on how you are embedding.

1- If you are embedding just with clicking on three dots of the report -> Embed -> Website then it should be really easy. Try adding on the url:

&filterPaneEnabled=false
https://app.powerbi.com/reportEmbed?reportId=<yourReportIDHere>&autoAuth=true&filterPaneEnabled=false

2- If you using Power Bi Embed and developing an app then get in here: https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-JavaScript/demo/v2-demo/index.html

There you can see examples of the variable config and set in false the pane "filters":

var config = {
    type: 'report',
    tokenType: tokenType == '0' ? models.TokenType.Aad : models.TokenType.Embed,
    accessToken: txtAccessToken,
    embedUrl: txtEmbedUrl,
    id: txtEmbedReportId,
    permissions: permissions,
    settings: {
      panes: {
        filters: {
          visible: false
        },
        pageNavigation: {
          visible: true
        }
      }
    }
};

Hope this helps.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors