Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abpgupta
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hide Empty Workspace in Power BI Service

Hi All,

Is the setting available for removing "Empty Workspace" yet as per this annoucement?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Enhancement-announced-for-October-2020-for-workspace/m-p/14...

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @abpgupta 

According to the Power BI Admin roadmap update in December, they said that we can just enable the “block classic workspace creation” option in the admin portal to achieve this function, and they don’t plan to provide a dedicated option for this function. You can check this picture:

v-robertq-msft_0-1612943870541.png

Therefore, I also go to the admin portal to enable the “block classic workspace creation” option and do some test. Then I found that I can’t find the empty classic workspaces that are appeared came along with the creation of the office 365 group after I’ve enabled the “block classic workspace creation” option.

v-robertq-msft_1-1612943870547.png

The blog of “Announcing Power BI Admins can upgrade classic workspaces and roadmap update”

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also waiting for this option- hide/delete from worksapces list. Already blocked creation of new classic workspaces- but not working as described in whitepaper- empty ones still visiable

Thanks for the info!

BR,

Marek

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @abpgupta 

According to the Power BI Admin roadmap update in December, they said that we can just enable the “block classic workspace creation” option in the admin portal to achieve this function, and they don’t plan to provide a dedicated option for this function. You can check this picture:

v-robertq-msft_0-1612943870541.png

Therefore, I also go to the admin portal to enable the “block classic workspace creation” option and do some test. Then I found that I can’t find the empty classic workspaces that are appeared came along with the creation of the office 365 group after I’ve enabled the “block classic workspace creation” option.

v-robertq-msft_1-1612943870547.png

The blog of “Announcing Power BI Admins can upgrade classic workspaces and roadmap update”

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

In my case, even though it was enabled in admin portal, previously created Classic Workspace are still appearing in list. Is there manual way to remove such old classic workspaces from Service? 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @abpgupta 

As far as I know I have not heard anything yet!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors