Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shietpas_cbts
Frequent Visitor

Hidden fields are visible in Power BI service (in Fields panel)

In Power BI Desktop, I have fields that are hidden.  I have the option to "view hidden" in the Desktop, but I am saving with the fields still hidden.  I then publish to the Power BI service / workspace.  When viewing the report in the Power BI service, all hidden fields are visible in the Fields panel when in Edit mode.  They should be hidden, and have been hidden in the past, and there is no way to toggle "view hidden" in the service, so unable to re-hide.  I tried publishing the report with the hidden fields showing or still hidden; in both cases they remain visible in the Power BI service.

I believe this is a bug.  Hidden fields are no longer being hidden in Edit mode in the Power BI service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @shietpas_cbts 

This issue has been fixed, please confirm.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @shietpas_cbts 

This issue has been fixed, please confirm.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

When is solution to be available?

Do we have an update or place we can track this issue?

Thank you.

Linda 

@llarkin11  This issue has already been fixed.

I can confirm it's fixed for me.

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @shietpas_cbts and all

After my investigation, I can see that this issue has been reported and the engineer will fix it as soon as possible.
If there is new progress, I will update here in time.

Best Regards,

daamruth
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for letting us know. This is really bad. 

Will open a ticket as well

Daniel 

tobiaseld
Regular Visitor

We're seeing the same issue across multiple tenants. This is a critical issue as it impacts external user ux in a major way.

cassidy
Power Participant
Power Participant

Same here, not good!!!

I submitted a critical ticket, it's incredibly unprofessional to suddenly expose all of our user base to hidden fields.

GabrielLemes
Regular Visitor

Same here. Just yesterday when I hid fields and tables on Power BI Desktop they wasn't shown on Power BI Service and Power BI dataset, now it is all shown

tvanstraelen
Frequent Visitor

Same behavior here. Seems to be a bug ?

AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Interesting. I see the same thing. No distinction between hidden and visible fields. Everything is shown.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors