Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gaz
Regular Visitor

'Hidden' column header appears when printing

I am using the Table (preview) with one column and one row to show a single value on my report (its an invoice).  I have set the column header text colour to be the same as the background so all that is visible is the value.  But when I print the report the column header text colour appears to be reverting to the default colour and you can see the text.  I cant use cards and hide the category label (which prints fine) as cards dont allow you to align the text within it.  ie. I have a number of these values that all have to be right or left aligned under each other (sub total, plus marketing fees, grand total).  Cards seem to centre the value within them.  Any ideas please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Gaz
Regular Visitor

I figured this out.  When you print, you have to click on 'More Settings' and check 'Background graphics'.  This then applies a lot of the custom formatting you have done to components but it also applies the change you made to the heading text colour.  I will log an idea to be able to set the alignment for cards though as I still think this would be very useful and a better solution in terms of using the correct component.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Gaz I would recommend adding this to the Issue Forum I'm not aware of any work-around as I've seen many instances where a new feature still has some gaps related to specific formatting when printing or use in tile, etc. This is also a "preview" feature, so the expectation is that it isn't fully baked in every way, but it will be good to raise the flag on this issue so they are aware of it.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks for your reply @Seth_C_Bauer.  I will log it.  Worth noting that it does the same thing using the non preview version of Table.  Im going to have to use cards for now so that the printing is fine but my alignment is going to be off.  Have tried to think about redesigning the report and keeping the headers in but a) I end up wasting canvas space b) its just not as readable.  *for anyone thinking "why you still printing reports, thats so 1990?".  Im printing to PDF to save as a digital version.

Gaz
Regular Visitor

I figured this out.  When you print, you have to click on 'More Settings' and check 'Background graphics'.  This then applies a lot of the custom formatting you have done to components but it also applies the change you made to the heading text colour.  I will log an idea to be able to set the alignment for cards though as I still think this would be very useful and a better solution in terms of using the correct component.

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors