Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

saranrajk
Helper II
Helper II

Hi, how to do the incremental refresh with power bi pro

Hi,

I have tried  incremental refresh in flowwing ways:

1,  Tried with data flows

2, Tried with union between data sets

1, With data flow:

I create two data flows, one with full load data and refreshed only once and other with new data and scheduled the refresh for that in power bi service

After that in desktop I append those two as new table and disbled the load for history and refresh data and enbled load only for newly appended data.

and published those data sets to the power bi service .

whenever dataset refreshed after dataflow,at 1st load it appends new_data_1 with history data

at 2nd load it append new_data_2 with history data and missed the new_data_1 and same things happend whenever i refresh the data set.

how to achive this concept correctly, thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @saranrajk 

The header text explains the following:

• Incremental refresh is supported only for workspaces on Premium capacities. Refresh policies are defined in Power BI Desktop, and they are applied by refresh operations in the service.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-premium-incremental-refresh

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi have seen some tricks that, we can do with data flows, how about that

hi, @saranrajk 

It also needs to use incremental refresh. 

But incremental refresh needs a Premium License. here is an idea that about incremental refresh for Power BI Pro:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34198180-incremental-refresh-for-...

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors