Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AlejandroPNW
Employee
Employee

Help with URL Filters (Special Characters?)

Hello,

I'm having trouble implementing a url filter and I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out what I've done wrong.

Here's the url/query parameters:

[url]?filter=SLA_x0020_Query/Bldg._x0020_Region in ('NorAm West', 'NorAm East')

Table: "SLA Query"

Column: "Bldg. Region"

Values: "NorAm West" and "NorAm East"

I replaced the spaces per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-url-filters but that doesn't seem to work as expected. I've tried replacing all the spaces in the url, none of them, some of them. I can't seem to get this to filter appropriately.

What have I done wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlejandroPNW ,

You may try:

[url]?filter=SLA_0020_Query/Bldg._0020_Region eq 'NorAm West' and SLA_0020_Query/Bldg._0020_Region eq 'NorAm East'

For reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-url-filters

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54667067/power-bi-embedded-parameter-space-in-column-name

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply Amy,

I tried your attempt but it did not work. I think the period after Bldg is a problem, so I also tried changing that, no dice. Additionally, I don't think your logical statement returns the desired result (if it worked). I want to include data points from East and West. There are no data points that are both East and West. Perhaps or would work.

Attempt below:

url.PNG

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@AlejandroPNW - Sorry, you are using this where and getting what as an error?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks Greg,

My error is a webpage not found: Page not found.PNG

My goal is to just to provide a link to a user such that they're sent to a page that has filters pre-applied through the url. One thing that a coworker wondered was whether additional action needed to be taken surrounding bookmarks. The url without any url filters applied is one that directs to a bookmark view of the report. 

AlejandroPNW
Employee
Employee

Problem Unsolved

Here's an additional (unsuccessful) attempt: 

[url]?filter=SLA_x0020_Query/Bldg_x002e__x0020_Region in ('NorAm West', 'NorAm East')

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors