Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

thejohnqcitizen
Advocate I
Advocate I

Help with Published report using a parameter in Dynamic MQuery

I am getting an error when a visual is being loaded that I can't find referenced after a google search.

For my report, I followed the instructions here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/power-query-query-parameters and everything is working fine in the Desktop App. But when I publish the report, the online app is producing the following error:

"The cartridge generated a statement that is not valid because more than one text statement was generated, the statement was not the correct type, or more than one parameter list was generated. The generated statement that is not valid is: ."

I have a simple table visual pulling maybe 9 columns. The data is coming from a SQL Database table that contains several million rows. I am using a view built to display the data I am presenting in the BI visual, but need to be able to select a particular ID from the table which limits the returned rows to only a couple of hundred. But the user needs to be able to select the ID. So so loading the whole table isn't feasible-- I really wish that BI would allow a parameter/variable to be passed to a TVF or SProc, but alas. The Slicer I'm using to establish the parameter is loading fine, but the table isn't. Has anyone come across this or have any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @thejohnqcitizen ,

I can reproduce the error. And I have reported the issue to product team (ICM 291841783). Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Thanks for your understating!

Best Regards,
Winniz

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
hcirak

Hello,

I guess the problem has not been solved so far. Is there any update on this?

frank11111
Regular Visitor

Any update on this?  We still have this issue.

guangningyu
Frequent Visitor

This issue has been fixed in the Microsoft internal environment. The production team is deploying it to other environments, with completion expected in early April.

------------------------------------

Glad to know that the issue has been fixed.

What is the progress of deploying it to other environments? Is it done already? Thanks!

I can confirm that the issue has been fixed for me!

As of today, April 18th, this functionality is WORKING for me! If you're followig this topic, check your reports. Huzzah! 

Thanks for notifying mate! I guess problem has been solved, it does not give me error.

Hello,

Is there any progress on this issue? I am also getting this error. 

I am still encountering the error on my published reports. I can keep checking daily, but an update when it's out completely would be really helpful! Thanks for the update @v-kkf-msft 

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

This issue has been fixed in the Microsoft internal environment. The production team is deploying it to other environments, with completion expected in early April.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thks winniz

Kiski

Following up

scottdigs
Frequent Visitor

I am getting the same error. Any updates on this? Why is this marked as solved?

thejohnqcitizen
Advocate I
Advocate I

This is showing solved, but the issue persists. 

Hi all,

Still working on the fix, and estimate that it will take a few weeks for the feature to work properly. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,
Winniz

anilsharma80
Frequent Visitor

I am also getting the same error.

anilsharma80_0-1646138043056.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I an also seeing this error

thejohnqcitizen
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am seeing now that the Feb 2022 release does have some support for parameters in TVF/SProcs and while I did this slightly differently than that method, I am hoping someone can still shed light on the specific error message. TIA.

Hi @thejohnqcitizen ,

I can reproduce the error. And I have reported the issue to product team (ICM 291841783). Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Anonymous
Not applicable

confirmed..works now.. great!

Any updates on when this will be fixed?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors