Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

storkhsu
Regular Visitor

Help with Dashboard Refresh

I have a Dashboard created with Dataflow and OData4 connections provided by Dynamics BC. 

I created the reports and dashboard with Power BI Desktop and then published it to Power BI cloud. 

I am trying to schedule a daily refresh and I could not get pass the error below, it failed daily even though when configuring the connection it was successful. 

Last refresh failed: Mon Sep 27 2021 05:20:52 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.Hide details

Data source error:Shared caller trying to read premium per user information.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action.
Cluster URI:WABI-US-CENTRAL-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:bb948440-400f-4a9e-979e-bfc8d734b0ae
Request ID:13f213d1-22a5-4e97-a60a-944af26bc1e8
Time:2021-09-27 10:20:52Z
11 REPLIES 11
johanjsc
Helper I
Helper I

Did you solve this?

When using dataflow to design the dataset and dashboards, I am using my BC account with my web wervice access key as credentials. But when scheduling the refresh, the interface is asking me to login as my office365 account credentials, and not given other choices. 

No, at this point I wish Microsoft has a consultant that can help resolve this. I still have no luck. 

storkhsu
Regular Visitor

Anyone has recommendations? I am stuck with the current situation, no solution yet. 

storkhsu
Regular Visitor

Is Premium Per User license not enough to have the Dashboard refreshed?

storkhsu
Regular Visitor

I have all 23 dataflows refreshed as of today, the dashboard using these dataflows still does not show refreshed. 

I also configured from the dashboard to refresh as mention in this thread, got a new error below:

I need a solution. How should I resolve this? Again, the data source, and credential are tested correctly at configuration. But failed at the time of refresh. 

An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.

Refresh failed:

Cooks Dashboards has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

Shared caller trying to read premium per user information.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action.

Next refresh for Cooks Dashboards is scheduled for October 8, 2021 14:30 UTC.

Learn more >

Technical Information

Activity Id:

81b50c55-7b64-4d74-a909-60cbe9807c22

Request Id:

55389a3b-164d-44d9-bed3-40cfe05ca6f2

Cluster Name:

WABI-US-CENTRAL-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Refresh Start Time:

October 7, 2021 14:31 UTC

Refresh End Time:

October 7, 2021 14:50 UTC

storkhsu
Regular Visitor

Thank you for these links. 

Does the dashboard considered refreshed when all the dataflows it uses are refreshed?

If I have 24 dataflows, does it means if any one dataflow failed, the refresh of Dashboard fails?

Unfortunately I could not use query folding as they are not foldable. 

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @storkhsu ,

Please see if the following threads help:

Power BI – Scheduled Refresh for your Dataflow. 

The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface

Power BI Error : “The exception was raised by IDataReader interface.” 

Please also check if it is a refresh timeout problem.if you have a dataflow with three tables, no individual table can take more than two hours and the entire dataflow will time out if the duration exceeds three hours.

If you are experiencing timeouts, consider optimizing your dataflow queries, and consider using query folding on your source systems.

Understanding and optimizing dataflows refresh 

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

storkhsu
Regular Visitor

OK, let me ask this in a different way. How should I setup the refresh Data Source connection when I created the Dashboard with Dataflow/OData4? Is there instructions on this?

storkhsu
Regular Visitor

My account showed Premium Per User and I am using my account as sign in credential. It tested successfully when setting refresh schedule, but always failed the next day. 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @storkhsu 

From the error it appears that either the dataflow is in Premium or PPU and the account refreshing does not have the same license?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors