Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

olimilo
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Help resolving dataflow query timeout

I have 2 dataflows containing tables from separate sources (Archives and Current) both whose sources are hosted on Sharepoint. We're trying to combine both dataflows into one dataflow and standardize the columns into one format. The Archives data should have about 10 years worth of data.

I pull a table each from the Archives and Current dataflows and try to combine them into 1 table in the Combined dataflow however at the 10 minute mark, the query timeouts and I am unable to proceed with validating the queries in the dataflow. Is there something I can do to fix this? Or a better way of doing this?

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Have you considered incremental refresh and bootstrapping of partitions? You can then refresh individual partitions independently.

Advanced incremental refresh with the XMLA endpoint in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors