cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
colivares62 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Help me understand sharing options (basic)

Hi, I've been building our Data Warehouses and some PBI Desktop reports for the last 6 moths.  Now, we're getting to the point of buying some Pro licenses and publishing the reports to the PBI Service.  I've read tons of documentation but I'm still confused about the Reports/Dashboard/Workspace/App Workspace/Content Pack terminology.  Can someone point me to an "ELI5" paper that explains this terms in a very easy way ?

We'll have several (~12) power users that will be the Content Creators.  My IT team will be the publishers/admins and then there will be at least 100 end-users.

Also,  we'll configuring an On-premises Gateway to pump data to the PBI Service:  When I publish from PBI Desktop to PBI Service, how does the data connection follows ? 

Thanks for your help !

Christian.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Help me understand sharing options (basic)

Hi @colivares62,

I've read tons of documentation but I'm still confused about the Reports/Dashboard/Workspace/App Workspace/Content Pack terminology. 

This article compares these options for collaborating and sharing in Power BI.

Also,  we'll configuring an On-premises Gateway to pump data to the PBI Service:  When I publish from PBI Desktop to PBI Service, how does the data connection follows ?  

Please refer to this document to get detailed description about how data gateway works.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.