Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mwasserman

Help Needed: Creating Sankey Diagram

I am trying to create a sankey diagram using the data below but when I try doing so all I get is a blank visual. Is my data formatted incorrectly or am I missing something?

I was able to use the example data from a youtube video and the sankey diagram worked fine then. 

Sankey Data.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mwasserman,

I can't reproduce your issue, it works fine on my side, can you provide more detail?

4.PNG

BTW, if you drag count in weight field, zero value not display in sankey diagram.

5.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I was able to create a basic sankey diagram after changing the file from Excel to a CSV. I'm new to Power BI and sankey diagrams- @v-shex-msft did you customize your sankey to display the way yours did? Mine can be seen below but I think your diagram format could be more helpful for viewers.

Example.PNG

Hi @mwasserman,

No, I haven't modify setting, I think it may related to my sample files.

Regards,

Xiaxoin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft

Would you be willing to share one of your sample files so that I could see how to create a sankey similar to yours?

Best, 

Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors