Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MichaelDoig
Advocate I
Advocate I

Heat Map not functioning on powerbi.com

Hi all,

Several days ago every one of our heat maps stopped functioning within powerbi.com. It should be noted that it appears to be perfectly fine within Power BI Desktop. 

The Map viz we're using is the standard Map and it should be further noted has been working fine for months. 

MichaelDoig_0-1602099452645.png

Below is the expected result and how it appears within Power BI Desktop and how it used to look on powerbi.com:

desktop.PNG

This is how it looks on powerbi.com now: 

powerbi.PNG

We're using Post Code (Zip Code) as the Location. 

We've tried re-publishing the report to no effect. 

Does anyone have any suggestions what to try and why it may have suddenly stopped functioning in the last week or so?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelDoig
Advocate I
Advocate I

As a follow up, we started playing with ArcGIS mapping instead. Whilst this mapping tool is feature rich, I feel the heat mapping is somewhat limited. A rigid colour pallette certainly doesn't work for us. Nor the ability for end users to be able to customise the map via that yellow settings button in the top left of the viz. 

Long story short, as we pondered as a team what to do, we found that the standard map heat mapping suddenly started working again on powerbi.com today. 

We've done nothing, it was simply not working for about a week and suddenly started working again. Mark this one as a complete :shrug: 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MichaelDoig
Advocate I
Advocate I

As a follow up, we started playing with ArcGIS mapping instead. Whilst this mapping tool is feature rich, I feel the heat mapping is somewhat limited. A rigid colour pallette certainly doesn't work for us. Nor the ability for end users to be able to customise the map via that yellow settings button in the top left of the viz. 

Long story short, as we pondered as a team what to do, we found that the standard map heat mapping suddenly started working again on powerbi.com today. 

We've done nothing, it was simply not working for about a week and suddenly started working again. Mark this one as a complete :shrug: 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors