Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sangeetha
Frequent Visitor

Having issues with Query string parameters in the URL while exporting the report as a PPT

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with the query string parameters in my URL. When I paste the URL in the browser and click on the filter pane, it shows that all the filters are populated properly. I have a page which displays the Target Name and I click on it to ensure that the 'Target Name' filter passed in the URL is actually reflected. However, once I export the report as a power point presentation and open it, I find that it just defaults to the first Target Name no matter what parameters have been passed in the URL.

Here's my URL - https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/42785dd2-5624-4168-80dd-26db808e42aa/ReportSection57619459... eq 'Jason' and Fact_x0020_Sales_x0020_Leader/Target_x0020_ID eq 1234 and Fact_x0020_Open_x0020_Answers/Target_x0020_Name eq 'Jason' and Fact_x0020_Open_x0020_Answers/Target_x0020_ID eq 1234 and Fact_x0020_Sales_x0020_Leader/Target_x0020_Surname eq 'Cooley'

Can anyone throw some light on what's going on here and where am I going wrong?

Thanks,

Sangeetha

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sangeetha

It's the limitation that listed here:  

• URL filters aren't currently respected when choosing "Current Values" for your export.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Sangeetha

I'm afraid it's not supported to achieve it currently. You can vote on this same idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/16953259-automated-exporting-of-p...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sangeetha

It's the limitation that listed here:  

• URL filters aren't currently respected when choosing "Current Values" for your export.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Hi Qiuyun,

Thank you for the response. I'm actually trying to automate the process of exporting reports from Power BI. Is this limitation just while exporting it as Power Point presentation?

Thanks,

Sangeetha

Hi @Sangeetha

I'm afraid it's not supported to achieve it currently. You can vote on this same idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/16953259-automated-exporting-of-p...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors