Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Peter_R
Resolver II
Resolver II

Has there been a change to who can create subscriptions?

We have a user who has used the subscription feature for the past few months to send himself a daily email. It worked fine until this past weekend, and then he stopped receiving them, even when manually triggering it (expiration is next year). He tried creating a new one from scratch, but same issue - it suggests that the trigger had fired, but no email. I tested it (I'm an admin) and it works fine. He was set as just a regular user within the app.

We then added him to the workspace, first as a member and then as a viewer and the subscription worked in both cases. We then removed him from the workspace and it stopped working again. So it seems that something has changed to require that a user be explicitly listed in the workspace for subscriptions to work. Has anyone else had this happen? This is our only use of subscriptions, so we have no other internal experiences to compare it to.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @Peter_R 

It is a known issue that engineers have identified root cause and an ETA for a fix would be provided soon.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

6.JPG

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Zarek
Helper I
Helper I

Same issues, mails passing through if you're an admin, but free users that are subscribers on reports in premium capacity don't receive any emails since last Thursday, 9.7.2020.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @Peter_R 

It is a known issue that engineers have identified root cause and an ETA for a fix would be provided soon.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

6.JPG

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

There were some issues earlier this week, so it would be good to see if the issue has been resolved?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Our user had been trying to resolve it every day this week, and those various tests I described of what worked and didn't work were all done just before I posted the question - around midday today. I saw some of the posts about errors being generated from subscriptions, but this is different - no errors, but just no email being sent except under the conditions I described.

No, this isn't related to the spam filtering. That was the route my user first looked into, but there was nothing being blocked. To summarize the findings once again: it used to work for him until a few days ago; if we add him as a member or a view to the workspace then he gets the emails; if we remove him from the workspace (ie, so that he just accesses the dashboard through the app as a 'regular viewer' then he stops getting the emails.

Our current workaround is to leave him set as a viewer in the workspace - but as mentioned, until this week that was not necessary and I see nothing in the documentatoin to suggest that it should be required.

Hi there

Can you confirm that they are receiving emails from Power BI?

Is it not maybe going to the spam folder?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors