Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EvanWright
Regular Visitor

Has anyone found a workaround to the Pro Licence need for sharing dashboards?

I need to share dashboards with many folks within our organization and outside, I can't be expected to ask our clients to purchase pro licenses for every person that needs to monitor the dashboards. What is the suggested workaround for this?

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure of how useful this will be. But I saw this article - https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-developer-integrate-report/

This allows you to integrate a PBI report into an app. I am not sure if it can be done using a free version though! 

@Anonymous obviousely it does not work with the free account.

free sharing was removed from PowerBI, that's a fact a life,  time to see other options. 

you can always print PDF and share it by email. 

mim
Advocate V
Advocate V

the only woraround is to use another vendor, Publish to web is dangerous with sensitive data.  imagine your internal report shared in linkedin. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greg_Deckler - How exactly does the 'Publish to Web' feature work? Do I just get to generate an embed code, that I can use in any websites? Or, does it actually get published to the Internet and then generates an embed code? 

Also, by any chance, do we have any option to  publish/host dashboards on an Intranet site?

CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Just to clarify - is the issue the mechanics of them paying or the cost?  I can definitely related to the issue of managing the mechanics.  I also have a client where the cost is not the issue but rather the mechanics of burdening new viewers with sign up.

As the PBI Admin you can set up viewers with the YourDomainOnMicrosoft.com - pay for them if they need Pro content - and give them the the log on info.

Cost-wise - - check out the definition of Pro Content - as if that is not in play then they can use the free license.....

www.CahabaData.com
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Well, if you can stomach the potential security risk, "Publish to Web".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

We are doing that now with our less secure data but that isn't going to work for the rest.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors