Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bjnodello
Helper II
Helper II

HTTP 400 Bad Request accessing app.powerbi.com

I just recently started getting HTTP 400 Bad Request accessing app.powerbi.com (Chrome and Explorer).  To my knowledge nothing has changed and I had no issues with the service this morning.  I can publish updates from Power BI Desktop with no issues. Other users can access the site.

I have restarted my PC. I have cleared my browsing cache.  I deleted a few AD groups I belong to.  Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Brett

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@carvalhoelder@MattAllington@frandsb@codyj710@bjnodello Please try to access app.powerbi.com again to see if the issue persists. I can access it successfully now.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@carvalhoelder@MattAllington@frandsb@codyj710@bjnodello Please try to access app.powerbi.com again to see if the issue persists. I can access it successfully now.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun,

As mentioned in my post, it had started working for me after the actions I had taken.  It has continued to work since without additional failures.  We received a note from MS support that they had rolled back a few changes...after this we had a few users still with issues, but that was only until they cleared their cache and restarted their browsers.  I haven't heard of any problems since that time.

Thanks,

Brent

Yes @v-qiuyu-msft, I have been able to access it for a couple days, ever since trying to log in from outside my corporate network.  Was this coincidence or related to the issue?

Thanks,

Brett

frandsb
Regular Visitor

I share the same corporate network / AD as bjnodello.  This morning I also experienced the HTTP 400 Bad Request trying to log into powerbi.com.  (Note, I wasn't logged into the network, so it redirected me to an ADFS login, and responded with HTTP 400 to that login attempt.)

Chrome notes "headers too long for this request".

This afternoon I had VPN connection to my corporate network and was able to access powerbi.com and view my content with no problems.  Killed my vpn connection, signed out of powerbi.com, closed all browsers and was able to successfully log into powerbi.com with the ADFS redirect.  So, it seems to be working for me now, but I don't know why it works now nor failed before.  😞

Puzzled,

Brent

Brent,

I was having the same experience yesterday with the error. Had tried connecting from multiple devices all of which got the error --- but I was always coming through our same corporate wireless.

Similar to your suggestion, I tethered my phone and tried connecting to app.powerbi.com through that... It worked successfully.

Untethered and came back in through our corporate wireless - it was all good too. Stumped as to the root cause, but seems to fix things.

Cheers,

Cody

Similar situation for me.  I was able to access app.powerbi.com from my home pc later that evening.  The issue went away when accessing the service through my work pc on the corporate network after that.

Thanks,

Brett 

carvalhoelder
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem today:

error.png

I am getting the same issue.  @Eric_Zhang@GuyInACube  Can you help?

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

I opened a support ticket with Microsoft.  This was the latest response.

Thank you for your double confirmation.

Noted it. I also receive other customer’s feedback on the same issue. I suppose there’re some changes from Product Team.

I’m sending the request to Product Team now. I will update you if I get any response. Thanks.

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Thanks Matt!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors