Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Guid import in PowerQuery from SQL View becomes lowercase, hence join fail in report

Hello team,

I replaced the source of one query from SQL table to SQL View. When I import the view, GUID column is shown in lowercase even though in SQL it is uppercase. Because of this,the join is failing. I can now make both joining column same case but is this the work around ? I have so many other reports with View as source, which has been working fine before. Is it something in the latest update ? I see on the PowerBI support said about GUID case sensitive but it is not exactly related to my issue and also not my region. Please the see text below from powerbi support page

"Some customers in the India West region that use applications that call the GetReports API or GetReports in a Group API will receive the Report ID GUID back in upper case letters and not in lower case letters as it was previously. This may cause an application comparing report Object ID to a pre-defined Object ID to fail getting the report if the comparison is case sensitive. As a workaround, customers can change the report Object ID comparison to not be case sensitive. Engineers are working on a fix and will provide and ETA shortly. "

Do i have to always convert guid column if it is used in any kind of join ? Please advice

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

The support page that you got was for the GetReports API and would not relate to your GUID from your dataset.

I would suggest just to ensure that joins always work, is to ensure that you make them both uppercase or lower case. In doing so will mean that it always works.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

The support page that you got was for the GetReports API and would not relate to your GUID from your dataset.

I would suggest just to ensure that joins always work, is to ensure that you make them both uppercase or lower case. In doing so will mean that it always works.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors