Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

WendyDUFE
Helper III
Helper III

Guest User in Premium Capacity Premium Workspace Behavior

Hi, 

I have premium capacity enabled for specific workspaces (not my workspace), and grant the guest user in my tenant the viewer access to those workspaces.

However, upon the guest user first log in, he / shen cannot see the workspace list from workspaces menu in the left side. Instead, he/she can see the reports in "Shared with me" tab. 

And he/she will see the those workspaces from the workspaces menu upon next login. 

Question: 

Is there any configuration can control the premiem workspaces are visible even for the first time login users ? 

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @WendyDUFE 

As far as I can tell this is specific to guest users, normal users in your tenant are fine

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @WendyDUFE 

As far as I know this is the way it currently works. And it is because the first time the user logs in they only get those options.

have you tried letting them click on the Home tab on the right hand side. They should then see the options for reports, shared with me and apps on the main screen.

You could also vote for the idea on https://ideas.powerbi.com

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

thanks @GilbertQ  yes, they are advised to click the home page (left hand should be ?) and shared with me to find the report at the first time. And upon next login, they can see the primium workspace at the workspaces menu bar there. 

Do you think there is any different behavior if their license is different ? e.g. if with Pro license, they can see the premium capacity directly ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors