Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yiannis
Frequent Visitor

Guest User cannot login to tenant

Hello,

I am testing power bi pro with external (guest) users. I have managed to send the invitation email, the account has been succefully created and the email that has been given to the guest user has the form of xxxxx_gmail.com#EXT#@mytenant.onmicrosoft.com. 

The power bi report has been shared to the external user properly and access has been granted. However when the guest use tries to login this is never been happening. Becasue the login needs password and password cannot be assigned. 

Can you help me help the guest user to login to the service? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yiannis ,

If my understanding is correct, after receiving the sharing email and clicking the link, your guest user can’t log in with his own account to view the shared content? Is that right?

Best Regards,

Yuna

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @yiannis,

Lately I also saw some issues login in with a gmail account to a Microsoft tenant (for myself), which was not the case a few months ago.  I haven't been able to solve this yet, but I think they changed something in the login behaviour or gmail-accounts.

My best guess would be to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account you could open a (free) support ticket. Go to the support page to file a support ticket.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors