Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Guest/External Users Azure B2B losing/expiring access to report as viewer

Hello Community. 

Recently we created a PRO License workspace and report to share with our external/guest customer. The access at first worked fine, and the user were able to visualize/interact with the report. But suddenly, it lost access and I had to reshare it! Does anyonw know what might cause this issue? I gave them READ/VIEWER acces to the report, and they are gusts in our Azure Tenant.

PS: The guest user already have a Pro License

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The prerequisite for sharing files with external users is that external users must obtain an appropriate license to view the content. They have three ways to obtain a license:

1. The guest user itself has a Powerbi pro license.

2. The shared report is located in powerbi premium.

3. Assign pro license to guest users.

Check whether the guest user's authority expires or other users delete the corresponding authority.

Let me know the result immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. Thanks for your reply.

How do I check this?

''Check whether the guest user's authority expires or other users delete the corresponding authority."

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can view the license permissions of specific users (guest users) in user in Microsoft 365 admin center.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1620120580428.png

reference blog link:How to find who has been allocated Power BI Licenses - Reporting/Analytics Made easy with FourMoo and Power BI

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

I have not seen this happen before.

Remember if multiple people have access to the App Workspace they could go in and remove the access of the guest user, which is what could have happened.

Other than that, it should remember the values.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @GilbertQ  thanks for your reply. There is only one guest with access to the report, so only if he removed it's own access. I was looking up for solution in the web, and found this: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/External-Pro-License-users-losing-access-to-reports-shared-w...

Looks a common issue 😞 ..I was wondering if someone was able to understand the issue and found a solution for it.

Hi @Anonymous 

Yes I think possibly someone else removed them?

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Gilbert, no, there is no way someone removed it the access without my acknowledgement.

Thanks for letting us know, I am not sure how else it would happen!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors