Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kevinbrad06
Frequent Visitor

Guest AD User Sharing

We have a workspace that access (Member and/or Contributor) has been granted to guest AD users. The can access the reports and publish new reports fine but cannot share reports or update the App associated with the workspace.

They are listed as "Owner" on all reports and we've tried sharing the reports directly with them using the "Allow recipients to share your report" option.

My questions

1. What does the "Allow recipients to share your report" option do if not allow the user to grant access the the report?
  2. Is there a way guest users can share reports and update the app if #1 is not the correct path?

I saw this blog post but it doesn't seem to answer my question as the users can create/edit report content and all of our invite options in AD are set to allow invites.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/azure-ad-b2b-guest-users-can-now-edit-and-manage-content-in...

5 REPLIES 5
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

@kevinbrad06,

Hmm, sorry to say, I'm a bit out of luck then.

If you have a Pro account you could open a (free) support ticket. Go to the support page to file a support ticket.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

What role do they have in the workspace?

The minimum role for publishing/updating the App should be a Member.

A Contributor can update the App (not create or share it), but they have to be allowed explicitly by an Admin of the workspace: Allow contributors to update the app.

For more info go to Roles in the new workspaces.

We have attempted with both Member and Contributor level access. 

Do they also have the Read and Reshare permissions on the dataset?

And I assume they have a Pro license attached to their Guest account?

For the ones with Member level access it doesn't look like I can give reshare. Assuming that is inherited by Member level. Contributor, yes they have reshare.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors