Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NikkiSavage
Helper II
Helper II

Grouping not working

I have a data set and had grouped the columns and everything was working fine.

I have since refreshed the data and some rows are returning "null" values in 3 of the columns. 

I know that it isn't formatting or the data refresh as some rows are working perfectly.

What I am looking at is the total weight loss of a patient in a month where they have been weighed multiple times.

I have added a custom column to pick up the date of weigh in to be "date.start of month" so that when grouping, for June for example, it will pick up everything from within June as I am grouping by the custom column.

When I have refreshed the data, all the months to June work for some patients. i.e. the grouping has worked for January through to May. But when we get to June, it starts returning a "null" in 3 of the grouped by columns (one of which is a sum of the total weight change).

However, for some patients, everything is working absolutely fine even for the new data and we are getting perfect data even in June. As such, I know it isn't the way the date is formatted for example.

I am perplexed as to why just some patients are returning a "null" value in 3 of the columns when previous months data for that patient is fine and other patients are working fully fine across every month.

Desperately needing help as was supposed to have this finalised today!

1 REPLY 1
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, 

According to your description, I can’t roughly understand what’s your data model looks like and the root cause of your problem. It can be great if you can post some sample data in table form or pbix file(without sensitive data) and your expected result(like the chart you want to get and the correct measure value based on your sample data)?

Thanks very much!

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors