Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MojoGene
Post Patron
Post Patron

Group members unable to reshare reports

In our organization, I have created a report that is available to members of a certain group. I am listed as the Owner of the Group in O365 Admin, but the "Owner" of the report is listed as the group itself, e.g. "XYZ Group." 

All of the members of the Group can read the report, but they are unable to share the report. I would like every member of the group to be able to add filters and slicers and share insights with other group members.

When Group member try to reshare, however, they get an error message, "Permission required. You seem to have lost the permission to reshare this report. Please contact the owner for details.”

I have given the Group members permission to the dataset. In the "Manage Permissions" dialog, the Group members are listed as having permission to "Read and Reshare" the report. But still, no one can successfully reshare the report.

I have no more hair to pull out at this point. Thanks for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MojoGene

Do the members of the Group belong to members of an Power BI App workspace?

You could share Power BI reports with the Office 365 Group members by adding the Office 365 Group as a member in the App Workspace.

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MojoGene

Do the members of the Group belong to members of an Power BI App workspace?

You could share Power BI reports with the Office 365 Group members by adding the Office 365 Group as a member in the App Workspace.

Best Regards

Maggie

Maggie: I think you have directed me to the problem. Yes, the Group members do belong to a Power BI App workspace. That is how we share reports. But I noticed when I was examining the Group settings in the "Edit Workspace" area that Members were only permitted to read, but not to edit content. I have changed this to "Members can edit Power BI content." I will see if this solves the problem and let you know.

Thanks for the help.

Maggie: Yes. Giving other members of the group permission to edit the reports allowed them to reshare the reports. I am not sure that this "solves" this original problem, but it apparently circumvents it.

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors