Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mohanrajs87

Group by Location and Product and find the sum and assign summed value to a report as Static value

I am using SSAS tabular and Power BI for generating reports in our organization. I have to group by Location and product and find a sum value using a measure. After that, I need to assign that measure value as such to another report which has the same location and product but not grouped but split based on dates (Group by sum value should not change in both the reports).

I had tried and was able to achieve the group and sum in the first report. But was not able to retain the same value when we put it without grouping. 

I don know whether it's possible to achieve in this method or I need to change the way. Can anyone guide me, please?

Attached the Measure I had written to the group.

first Measure for Daily Average:

PERF_Daily = CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Order Delivery Invoice'[Converted Market Price_Close])-[Calc_Unit_Cost_USD],FILTER('Order Delivery Invoice','Order Delivery Invoice'[Agreement Type]="Spot"),filter('Order Delivery Invoice','Order Delivery Invoice'[System Instrument Id]>0),filter('Order Delivery Invoice','Order Delivery Invoice'[Converted Market Price_Close]>0))
 Second Measure for Monthly Average based on Daily value: 
PERF Last 1 Month = CALCULATE(averagex('Order Delivery Invoice',[PERF_Daily]),FILTER('Order Delivery Invoice','Order Delivery Invoice'[Order Date]>=(TODAY()-(365/12)*1)))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Which connection mode do you use to connect to SSAS?
If you are using import join mode, you can consider creating a new table to establish a one to many relationship between the location field and other tables.
If you use the connect live connection mode, you can consider adding the ALLEXCEPT function to measure

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mohanrajs87 ,

Is this problem sloved?
If not, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Which connection mode do you use to connect to SSAS?
If you are using import join mode, you can consider creating a new table to establish a one to many relationship between the location field and other tables.
If you use the connect live connection mode, you can consider adding the ALLEXCEPT function to measure

Best Regards,
Liang

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors