Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

spiderrob
Advocate III
Advocate III

Group Workspaces dashboards not updating

I have a Group workspace setup, however it appears that the Dashboard tiles are not dynamically updating when the underlying data is refreshed. Clicking through the tile gets to the report with the latest data fine - I've not changed any filters on the report - all is exactly the same as when the tile was originally pinned - but the tile shows the old data.

It's not a timing issue as I've waited all day. Neither is it a cached issue as I get the same 'old' tile data logging using a different browser/different machine/iPad & iphone.

All works fine with the same data in 'My workspace' - Tiles dynamically update as expected.

Is there a problem with Group Workspace Dashboard tiles? Any one else seeing issues?

15 REPLIES 15
Kbersani
Advocate I
Advocate I

We have run into the same issue, while this is not a solution, try opening up the dashboard on the mobile app. We have found that  when it is loading the dash on the mobile app it forces the tiles to update on the 365 version. Seams to work for a little afterwards, however eventually get stuck again forcing us to open on the app again to get them to refresh.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We also have this issue. We are working hard defining governance in how we should create our Corporate Dashboards. For this we have (at least until today) decided to use the Group Workspaces as we can work with the roles (admin and member). We have defined a flow to control one set of numbers and to ensure that reports and dashboards has the right content. But it is really a challenge that we will have to recreate the dashborads everytime we update the reports.

WHat does that flow look like? Trying to do the same... 

what do you mean flow? you mean configuration steps?

I am experiencing a similar issue with group workspaces. It is only occuring for view only members though. When I change an individual user to an admin or switch the group setting so that members can edit, the tiles seem to refresh fine. Very frustrating.

I have the same issue, actually even worse. I updated the spreadsheet on OneDrive not reflected in my report in Group Workspace nor My Workspace. Creating a new report from the data source shows my update in the spreadsheet. you guys dont have problem with My Workspace?

Appended 10 minutes later, I found reports in both workspace refreshed. so there could be just a big delay.

My Workspace is fine. It's specifically the Group Workspace that is not updating the Dashboard even though the underlying reports and data are.

the refresh worked for dashboard and report in both my workspace and group workspace... this is awesome. but what I noticed was that I set the refresh time to 8am. the real kick off time by the service's scheduler can vary. one data source started at 8:10am the other one at 8:39am which I almost set my test case failed. All good I guess.

rhouse
Helper I
Helper I

I just repinned one table of many on the dashboard and that seems to have triggered the whole dashboard to refresh itself. This still should not be necessary though. 

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

My dashboard tiles also show old, out of date information. Very frustrating to think of repinning and re naming each tile every time I want to use it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

rhouse
Helper I
Helper I

I am also having this issue. I have a dashboard and report that connects to a live SSAS tabular model. When I change a user from one security role to another in SSAS, the dashboard tiles still show them the data under the old security. However, if I expand the dashboard tile using in-focus mode, it shows the updated data. Also, if I click down into the report it will show the updated data. Since this is a security issue, I need the dashboard tiles to update instantly. I also have tried clearing the cache, waiting several hours, unsharing and resharing the dashboard, reposting the report to the group site. Nothing has worked. 

Can anyone confirm that their Group Dashboards are updating correctly?

I've now logged a service call in our O365 environment to get mine checked......

I am also having similar issue. Scheduled data refresh is occuring in My Workspace, but in same report in Group Workspace, schedule refresh is not occuring. 

spiderrob
Advocate III
Advocate III

My Group Dashboards are still not updating? I've tried deleting and recreating but still get the same effect - The tile retains the original data from when pinned. Clicking through shows the report with the updated values.

Is anyone else seeing Group Dashboards updating correctly?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors