Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zacharyreed

Group Workspace Dataset not refreshing properly

Our organization has been using PowerBI since its preview release. The platform is very powerful and allows us to easily connect to our databases in salesforce.com. I am however, a little disappointed in the Group Workspace settings. I am hoping someone else is experiencing the same issues we are.

I use PowerBI Desktop to build my reports and used the “publish” feature to push it to the platform online. Our organization has Office365, we are using regular PowerBI Pro licenses (Not PowerBI for Office365).

From my understanding, you can use a content pack to include dashboards and reports to publish to a group workspace. The data set properties are supposed to update per the settings you have under “My Workspace” datasets. My data essentially refreshes almost every hour during the working business week.

It updates all reports and dashboards just fine on “My Workspaces” but will not update group reports. In fact, in the upper right hand corner after opening a report in group workspaces it shows it hasn’t been updated in weeks.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, I have a sales team that relies on these updated reports!

3 REPLIES 3
Bjoern
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@zacharyreed

I am afraid that the group workspaces do not work properly. I guess it is related to the fact that the group would have to authenticate towards the source, which is somehow not possible.

Also the custom visuals do not work in the group workspace. 

What kind of source do you have in the backend? How do you connect to it (live or import?)?

@Bjoern we connect LIVE directly to Salesfroce.com. Per the specifications of content packs, it should pull in new data under my account and distribute it to the group workspace (If not what is the advantage of using a content packs?)

Bjoern
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@zacharyreed

Sadly I am not familiar with the Salesforce content pack. But as long as you do not import the data, but retain a live connection, I could imagine that using the group workspace might be complicated. Why does not every user use the content pack? Do they not have access to the salesforce DB?

Content packs are always quite powerful if you want to share reports within your domain. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors