Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

acbg
Resolver III
Resolver III

Graph with values as interactable

Is it possible to have two charts interact if it has values instead of categories/axis.

I have two charts: One clustered column chart with 4 values and the other one is a line chart with Month on axis and same 4 values.

When I click on a value in the column chart, I would like the line chart to show only one value. Currently its not interacting.

Is there a way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi acbg,

The interaction/relationship between charts is based on related columns. In addtion, some chart doesn't support measure while some charts support. So if you need to use measure to filter other chart, there should be related columns.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi acbg,

Are both visuals based on same columns in your report? If they are, please click Format-> edit interactions and check if the right-top hand icon in the stacked column visual has been disabled.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi @v-yuta-msft

No they are not disabled.

I only see it working interactable if there is category.

It does not seem to work if its just column values/measures. Is that by design?

Hi acbg,

The interaction/relationship between charts is based on related columns. In addtion, some chart doesn't support measure while some charts support. So if you need to use measure to filter other chart, there should be related columns.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thanks @v-yuta-msft 

that was what I was afraid of as well. There is not a way for the same measures in two graphs to interact without coloumns 😞

Hi acbg, 

Yes, you may share your idea here to let PG knows your requirement.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors