Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eranatatera
Frequent Visitor

Graph X axis sorting changes after publish to App

Hi,

so I have the following report on PBI desktop, which its X axis is a timeline and is of cousre sorted from the earliest date to the latest (it is a weekly graph ) RyanAir Itenerary.PNG

now, after I publish it to the web the sorting of the X axis changes and it is now sorted according to another parameter, which is the "infra outages" . now the graph looks like this, which is tottaly not what I want to present. 

Capture.PNGsince it looks fine at the desktop, icannot really change anything to effect the app view. 

I tried to edit from the app, and it changed back after I seved and refreshed the page. 

Any suggestions what can I do? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Looks like the daily refresh and dome incremental data addition solved the issue, 

without me doing nothing. 

Thanks 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dkricher

I have a report to that has Line and Clustered column chart and it removes the sorting that is being used when I publish it to the Power BI service. The sort happens to be the line value and it keeps everything else. I tried the attached file on this issue and it also removed the line value from the sorting so that it can't be used. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @eranatatera

Based on my test, if we create a similar chart as yours in Power BI desktop version 2.68.5432.841 64-bit (April 2019), set the chart sort by the X-axis values, save the change and publish the report to Power BI service, the chart is sorted by the X-axis values as well. 

q1.PNGq2.PNG

Please update your Power BI desktop to the same latest version as ours, then republish the report to see if the same issue occurs. Also you can test with our sample report, see attached file. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks fo the answer,

Unfortunately , Im alreday using the most updated version so it is not seems to be the case. 

Any other suggestions? 

Hi @eranatatera

Please test with our sample report on your side to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Looks like the daily refresh and dome incremental data addition solved the issue, 

without me doing nothing. 

Thanks 

Hi @eranatatera

It looks like the issue is resolved now, right? 

If it is, please close the thread by accept the helpful reply as an answer. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors