Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kellyyaker
Frequent Visitor

Graph Display Changes from PBI Desktop to Shared Report in App

I am having trouble with a graph showing one graph result in my desktop instance and another in the online version. I know it has something to do with the date, as the # leads that shift from January in the Desktop version to February in the online version match up with the count of leads that were all entered on January 31. 

This is the desktop version, which shows the Texas region met its goal. We've confirmed this with the data in our CRM, that this is the accurate number.

desktop-pbi.PNG

This is the online version once the nightly scheduled refresh is run.

online-pbi.PNG

I cannot figure out what's causing this to happen and I have not been able to fix it after several attempts. Here are the fields in the bar graph:

fields.PNG

Note: The invoked date has a relationship with the "createdon" date in the leads table. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

5 REPLIES 5
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @kellyyaker,

the first thing I thought of when you mentioned the month-end, was the different timezone the PBI Service (and thus your report) is in. That's always in UTC, unless you tell it otherwise.

Reza Rad has a very good blog post about this topic of Solving DAX Time Zone Issue in Power BI, but you can also do it in M with the timezone part of the datetime datatype.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

This is a really helpful blog post, but if the date I'm using doesn't have any exact timestamp on it, just the date, can timezone affect the date itself?

Here are the related fields being used in the table:

date-leads.PNGdate-invoked.PNG

To be clear, I'm not using any DAX to calculate the date used in the report. The query for the invoked function date uses date and not time.

Hi, @kellyyaker 

Please check if the solutions in below posts could help.

Dates-reverting-to-UTC-when-published-to-web-from-desktop 

PBI-Service-refresh-setting-dates-UTC-causing-local-display 

how-to-force-power-bi-service-to-use-local-timezone 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @kellyyaker 

Can you confirm that the entire dataset is being updated.

Could you also make sure that you have clicked on the Reset to Default button to make sure no other filters are affecting the data?

And finally what happens if you try and create a new report off the dataset in the Power BI Service, does it have the right numbers?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ,

1. Yes, the entire dataset refreshes using an Odata feed and one web doc (Sharepoint spreadsheet).

refresh.PNG

2. That's my go-to first step any time a report is giving me trouble. I have reset to default and the results is still inaccurate.

3. I actually DID create another report off this dataset earlier this year and it has the exact same problem:

Desktop

dg-desktop.PNG

dg-online.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors