Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NevZab72
Helper I
Helper I

Granting access to report through service on while free trial

I work for an company that uses MS 365 and I have developed report in PBI Desktop but now want to share this with others in my organisation for testing puposes. I have published the report to a workspace and I can log into the service and access the report perfectly. A couple of my collegaues now wish to view the report, however, when they log into the service the reports fail to refresh and the error suggests they do not have access. despite adding them to the data set with the viewer permission. Am I missing something? One thing to note is that I am currently using PBI Pro on a free trial basis. At this state the company does not have PBI license.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@NevZab72 

Yes that is because using the Trail Pro Version! Recently we have checked with Microsoft and got confirmed!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
VijayP
Super User
Super User

@NevZab72  

Power BI Free Trail will not carry many Pro version featurs hence you need to take PRO first to get this resolved and your colleagues also need to have the same!

MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

KBO
MVP

Hi @NevZab72 ,

do you added your colleagues to the workpace or do you invite the via email to the report?

The also need a Pro Licence to see the report that important. If you are in a Premium Capacity they don't need a Pro licence.

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

I added my colleagues to the dataset associated with the workspace. They logged into service and could see the report but the visuals would not refresh and had errors explaining that they did not have access.

I also tried using the 'Share' but when they followed the URL they had the same problem as above. 

@NevZab72 

Yes that is because using the Trail Pro Version! Recently we have checked with Microsoft and got confirmed!

Fabulous, at least I know now. 🙂 

Thanks so much for your help.

@NevZab72 

Please share your Kudos as well ( Click on Thumsup next to my Post) , it gives extra point Thanks again

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors