Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Granted access to a report is "lost" after a few days

I have multiple reports that I share with a system account which is running a large dashboard monitor in our office. I can share with that account and it works fine for a couple of days. Then, suddenly, the system account loses access, and the big monitor just displays "Request access". I then have to re-share each report, although the system account is still listed as having access. This gets cumbersome over time... Smiley Frustrated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there

Thanks for the answers.

Here is a link on how share via an App Experience: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-distribute-apps

You could also look to use plug-ins for the browser of your choice which will loop through the different tabs that you have open?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Firstly does anything change in terms of password for the System Account?

If not, what happens if you had to share the report via the App Experience and not via Sharing?

You can also look at using the new Windows Power BI App: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/enhancing-presentation-mode-with-slideshow-in-windows-power...

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gilbert

Thank you for the response!

To your questions/tips:

1. No, password is not changed for the System Account

2. I don't know how to share "via the App Experience", do you mean the Power BI app in Microsoft Store? I can't find a way to share from there?

3. I consider the Power BI App slideshow, but it seems best to show the reports in a normal browser using the "Embed" URL.

Best regards

Thomas

Hi there

Thanks for the answers.

Here is a link on how share via an App Experience: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-distribute-apps

You could also look to use plug-ins for the browser of your choice which will loop through the different tabs that you have open?

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again for useful info, Gilbert.

I actually ended up solving my current issue by adding the Service Account to my Workspace group, then the access issue solved itself. But the App Experience was nice, I'll use that for sharing with my colleagues.

Regards

Thomas

No worries glad to assist!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors