Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Grant Access Via Active Directory Group instead of by email for each user

I only see the option to "Add Workspace Members" by using individual email accounts for each user I want to add to the new Workspace.  I want to create an Active Directory Group, assign members via AD to this AD group and then grant access to the Power BI Workspace via the AD Group.  How do I do this?

Kind Regards,

Kelly

3 REPLIES 3
ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

This is exactly what I want to do.  The dialog box below asked for email or group names...but this is what I get when entering a valid group name.   Were you able to figure this out? TomGroupAccess.png

Did you find a solution to invite a Azure AD group instead of a specific user? 

I all just works now--I had to delete and make a new workspace, but all of ours work great now.  With all the upgrades and changes Microsoft is pushing through in their development fasttracking I'm surprised there aren't more issues.  Anyway, Groups work like a charm.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors