Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RobJo
Helper I
Helper I

Google analytics content pack doesn't detect 1 existing property

Hi, 
From Power BI online i get data from the Google Analytics Service using the GA Service Pack. 
I got connected with my GA credentials. 
In Google Analytics account i have 3 sites / properties. (2 from my own sites and 1 site were i got permission to acces data)

The Power BI connection now only detects the 2 sites/property's of my own, not the site i got permission. 
Can anyone tell me why Power BI does not detect the property of the site i got permisson to acces for?

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Charlie,

It was not in the permissions. 
I found out that you get an account for every site that someone grants you for. 
So, after connecting with Oauth2 i first selected my own account and got my sites.
After selecting the account i was granted for i got the sites i was grated for....

Somethings you just have to know...

Rob. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RobJo,

You can get the data from your own sites, the issue is that you cannot get data from the site that some grant permission to you, right?

Based on my research, the issue can be related to permission setting. You can assign user permissions at the account, property, and view levels. To assign permissions, select the Admin tab, and click User Management in the ACCOUNT, PROPERTY, or VIEW column. Please refer to the link below to double check if you have the proper pemisssion to that site.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2884495?hl=en
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009702?hl=en

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi Charlie,

It was not in the permissions. 
I found out that you get an account for every site that someone grants you for. 
So, after connecting with Oauth2 i first selected my own account and got my sites.
After selecting the account i was granted for i got the sites i was grated for....

Somethings you just have to know...

Rob. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors