Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google Sheet Connector Data Source Credentials Error

Every few hours when I do an automatic refresh in PBI Service from a Google Sheet, my refresh fails. However, when I go back in and reset the credentials in the Power BI Service, then the next manual refresh will work. Is there a way to get the credentials to "stick" and continue working? It does not even make me sign in using my password each time, it just opens the window and I click on my account. Unfortunately, it is not letting me use an "anonymous" connection method, even though my Google Sheets link is set up with public viewing.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

This issue has been submitted internally. Internal ICM ID:274490819. ETA_for_Fix: 12/12/2021. 

I will update on the post if there is news, Please be patient. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe this issue is fixed now. My refreshes work with the Google Sheet connector, and organizational-level privacy settings. Thank you!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

This issue has been submitted internally. Internal ICM ID:274490819. ETA_for_Fix: 12/12/2021. 

I will update on the post if there is news, Please be patient. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Hi, https://community.powerbi.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/259995 Janey!

Any upgrade for Internal ICM ID:274490819. ETA_for_Fix: 12/12/2021?

This bug forced us to re-enter the credentials google many times diary. It´s cause fails in the upgrades of the base.

Best regards,

Luís Fernando

Medi Consultoria

IDG Saúde

Co-Founder and Developer

@BlackLouis 

The problem should be fixed, Have you upgraded the desktop version to the latest?

If you have problems, You'd better create a post and describe the situation fully.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe this issue is fixed now. My refreshes work with the Google Sheet connector, and organizational-level privacy settings. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue. I have a dataset that was working ok, and as soon as I added the Google Sheets datasource, the automatic refresh stopped working. 

Same behaviour, if I re-enter the credentials, it works once, and fails after that. 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

I think that it does require a connection even though you have made it public.

I would suggest looking at your google authentication settings to make sure that it is not set to expire after a certain period?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

How would I do this? Is this on the google side (in my google account) or in Power BI?

Hello, Please were you able to solve this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors