Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rubentj
Frequent Visitor

Google BigQuery - Service Account JSON file contents - what do I enter from the JSON file?

Hey guys. 

I am trying to connect to Google Bigquery using a Service Account instead of a personal account. 

rubentj_0-1625134719203.png

I have created the JSON file on the following format: 

rubentj_1-1625134807007.png

Here are some documentation regarding credentials etc - https://cloud.google.com/iam/docs/creating-managing-service-account-keys#iam-service-account-keys-cr...

I have tried to use the Client_mail as Service Account Email in Power BI Desktop and Private_key as Json File contents. 

What am I doing wrong? What should I insert as JSON file contents?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @rubentj - did you ever resolve this? I notice the MS response did not answer your question.

The resolution is to update to the most recent Power BI version (June 2021) and edit the JSON file to have no carriage or line feeds returns (source: Solved: connect big query with service account - Microsoft Power BI Community).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @rubentj 

You can check the steps to get email and key:

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-janeyg-msft 

As I wrote, I have already created the JSON-file, so that is not the issue here. The issue is that it isn't clear what part of the file I should paste into the connector-field in Power BI desktop. 

@rubentj 

If you follow the steps, you should get information.

vjaneygmsft_0-1625639353821.png

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-janeyg-msft 

Yes, as mentioned in both posts, I have the Json file. What do I do with the Json-file? There is no information regarding what I do with the file?

Hi @rubentj - did you ever resolve this? I notice the MS response did not answer your question.

The resolution is to update to the most recent Power BI version (June 2021) and edit the JSON file to have no carriage or line feeds returns (source: Solved: connect big query with service account - Microsoft Power BI Community).

You may have already found the solution, but here is my 2 cents.

Use the client email, and for the 2nd cell, you first need to take the entire content of your JSON file (curly brackets included)

and convert them into a single line.

You can use the following online tool to convert the JSON code:

https://tools.knowledgewalls.com/online-multiline-to-single-line-converter

Hi, @rubentj 

Sorry, It seems that few people know the knowledge, and we can't reproduce your scene. If you don't understand it, it is not recommended that you use this method. 

Here are the steps for reference:

vjaneygmsft_1-1625650214780.png

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors