Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RaviTejaLaxman
Frequent Visitor

Google Analytics data refresh failing if refresh time exceeds 1 hour

I have multiple dashboards and all are fetching data from google analytics. However, one of them is refreshing for more than one hour as there are more than 1 million records to pull from GA. But the refresh is failing after 1 hour exactly. I guess this is because of OAuth 2.0 authentication which has an expirty time of 60 minutes for an acess token. I think Power BI is not able to refresh the access token once it is expired. Does any one faced this issue? Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? Below is the screenshot for reference. Also, the error number is 401 which means that access token has expired.

Capture.PNG

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@RaviTejaLaxman

You are correct. Power BI can't refresh the Google Analytics access token once it's expired. Since the Google Analytics connector is based on Google Analytics Core Reporting API, you may consult Google Analytics to solve this issue.

See a similar thread below:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13553556/google-analytics-access-token-expired-after-3600-s-1-ho...

Regards,.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors