Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sober
Regular Visitor

Google Analytics Importing sales data

Hello,

I'm trying to connect to GA as I want to analyze our sales transactions.

I have found a folder "ECommerce", which I guess holds the sales data.

I haven't been able to find any dimensions and metrics, that I can import. 

I have taken a look in the reference list of Googles Reorting API v4 and saw metrics with for example ItemRevenue, which should be usefull.

Anyone, who know how to do and which tables to choose.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @sober,

As indicated in the above error message, they cannot be queried together, you can select Product category and Product revenue instead. And in this link, roll over each dimension under Ecommerce and select its checkbox to see all the other metrics that can be combined in the same query.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sober,

Could you please post a screenshot about your scenario? Are you able to import the dimensions and metrics in other folders?

In my environment, dimensions and metrics are available in "ECommerce" folder, you can check the following screenshot.
1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

My Ecommerce folder looks like Yours.

Sorry, I can't figure out how to insert a screendump.

I have selected the metrics Revenue and the dimension Product Category and get this message:

DataSourceError: Selected dimensions and metrics cannot be queried together.

I am able to import for example metrics from the folder ADwords.

Thanks,

Hi @sober,

As indicated in the above error message, they cannot be queried together, you can select Product category and Product revenue instead. And in this link, roll over each dimension under Ecommerce and select its checkbox to see all the other metrics that can be combined in the same query.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors