Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google Analytics: Authentication Error, App not verified by Google

Hi Power BI,

I believe that  the Google Analytics connector is broken at the moment as Google has changed their security requirements, and the connector authors need to perform an action to have the connector verified.

Power BI desktop can connect, but it is not possible in the service. The error received is as follows.

"Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

This app has not yet been verified by Google in order to use Google Sign in."

I can connect using the Google Analytics APIs by other means, so the authentication issues are associated with the Power BI connector I believe.

Is the team aware of this issue?

Is there an ETA to a fix?

Is this likely to be fixed or should I build my own connector?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

There was a known issue is going on with "Google Analytics".

Please refer the suport page for further updates.

Google Analytics-Known Issue.JPG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just started having intermittent refresh failures related to a GA query.  My dataset has been refreshing successfully for months.  

GoogleAnalytics: Request failed (403): Quota exceeded for quota group 'default' and limit 'Queries per 100 seconds' of service 'analytics.googleapis.com' for consumer 'project_number . . . 

Is this related to the issue that was supposed to be resolved on 12/20?  

Rashid

Hi Power BI team,

Could you please give a response to this isssue? we are facing problem to setup auto refresh our google analytics project. It is authenticated in power bi desktop but not in Power bi service.

Thanks

Rashid

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are receiving the same error - App not Verified; when trying to connect Google Analytics to our PowerBI environment. MICROSOFT.... can you please repsond and let this group know what is happening?

Ro
Frequent Visitor

Hello, the problem is not resolved.
Did someone manage to configure the connection?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here.. I still reveive the same errors while on this page is mentioned the issue has been solved.

Only update that i've seen so fare is the solved date beeing adjusted from 24th of november to next week..

Is there a workaround availabe? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

is there any update about this issue? I coudn't set up the scheduled refresh. 

thanks

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

There was a known issue is going on with "Google Analytics".

Please refer the suport page for further updates.

Google Analytics-Known Issue.JPG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your description, I think you are working with google analytics connect app and it seems like not compatibility with the last version google API, right?
If this is a case, I'd like to suggest you contact the author of this app to report this issue.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi v-shex,

Is this data connector not owned by MS as it is referred to in their own documentation?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-google-analytics-connector

Kind regards,

Ben

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors