Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

barryjmay

Google Analytcis Quota Error: Rate Limit Exceeded

I'm using PowerBI desktop to publish 2 dashboards to PowerBI Pro online (one is the standard Google Analytics out of the box Google Analytcis content pack, the other has uses approx. 10 Google Analytcis api queries). Every 4 or 5 days the refresh fails with the following error: request failed (403): quota error: rate limit exceeded. What could be the issue here? 

GA-Error.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@barryjmay

It seems to be an error from google analytics API but not from Power BI side. Please refer to this document.

Google Analytcis Quota Error Rate Limit Exceeded_1.jpg 

Best Regards,

Herbert

Hi,

But how can we influence how PowerBI uses the GA api?  How can we implement exponential backoff?

Hi,

PowerBI makes the connection to Google analytics. How can we influence that and implement exponential backoff?

Is it PowerBI which uses its own Google Analytics API credentials to login onto Google Analytics API? And my Google Account is used only to get data from it using OAuth? Because I checked in **API Manager** in my Google account and found that I cannot define/edit any quotas. To do that I need to create Project, Credentials, etc.

I created this issue, where one can vote: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Refresh-failing-for-GoogleAnalytics-Quota-Error-Rate-Limit/i...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors