Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mmyers2
Advocate I
Advocate I

Global Filters in Dashboards

I have been watching the idea below for several years, and it recent went from Planned/Backlog to Not Planned.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6674820-global-filter-in-dashboar...

Since filters for dashboards are no longer planned, I would like to know what the alternatives are.

My company has 40+ locations in the US and each of these has a leadership team, on top of regional leaders, that need a quick one page dashboard to look at, and then drill down if there is an issue.

I have reports built of each of the KPIs, but need a way to tie them all together in a single view.

The ones I am aware of, and have tried are:

1. Create and maintain 40+ dashboard (not feasible or sustainable)
  2. Pin a live pages (Unwieldly, performance issues, and functionality issues)
  3. Create a report that uses hyperlinks to link to the separate reports (This is what I am currently doing)

What other options are there? What are others doing?

Using a report (#3), defeats the purpose of the dashboard/report relationship, and, because of the way linking to datasets work, I have to create a separate dataset just for the “dashboard” report, which is not efficient.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mmyers2 

I'm afraid there's no other better way.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mmyers2 

I'm afraid there's no other better way.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-cherch-msft 

Well, that is dissapointing. 

Thank you for the reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors