Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

csmith_enpro
Advocate I
Advocate I

Getting "Error: Can't convert 9 to proper M credential Type" randomly for all my dataflow refreshes

Like the title says, I woke up this morning and all of a sudden I'm receiving this error: "Error: Can't convert 9 to proper M credential Type". I have no idea what it means, I'm even still able to create a new dataflow no problem, but it won't refresh. Google has no answers for this either. This is a new error for me, has anyone encountered it before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I jsut fixed it by updating the gateway. I was running the November 2020 version before

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ViniNaegele
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue since Friday. Same error.

Whe I download the error report and go into the entity in the dataflow, it lets me refresh one by one, but it is not refreshing the whole dataflow.

Error: Can't convert 9 to proper M credential Type Request ID: f3f5f6f6-7544-3c99-9c27-13034dcdb91d Activity ID: d29564a3-4dda-4898-8f0e-c0319af13ce5

Sina
Frequent Visitor

Getting same error, have updated the Gateway still all the Data Flows are down. Help Please!

YiannisLap
Regular Visitor

Me too guys... I reset the credentials of all the datsources but still the same. 

I jsut fixed it by updating the gateway. I was running the November 2020 version before

Heather_R
Advocate I
Advocate I

found for the first time this morning, still searching for a solution

You too?! I'm so confused by this, I wonder if it's something on Microsoft's end. That's quite the coincidence

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors