cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radhika_123
Frequent Visitor

Getting list of users who have access to the Power BI Reprt

Hi All,

Please help me with a easier way of exporting list of users who have read, owner, contributor access to the Power BI report in service? 
I am trying with below solution
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Exporting-list-of-those-with-access-to-the-Report/m-p...

But it is not giving me the entire list, after zooming in as well.
Thanks in advance

Regards,
Radhika

3 REPLIES 3
nitishsh91
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi

I would not use that approach it's very manual and error-prone. (Microsoft will not make any guarantees on the structure of the page).

The correct approach is the use the Power BI API's that Microsoft has created exactly for this purpose.

The API you are looking for is Admin - Groups GetGroupUsersAsAdmin - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs

If you are unfamiliar with using API's then PowerShell is the easiest way to get started. you can follow this tutorial Power BI Cmdlets reference | Microsoft Docs 

There is no cmdlet to call the function you need directly but you can use the Invoke-PowerBIRestMethod to call the API.

This will give list of users who have access to the workspace, I want the list of users who have access to a report in the workspace

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors