Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting everyone on Power BI Pro 1-year trial

So, we've rolled out Power BI reporting using the desktop version and shared dashboards at app.powerbi.com in the past couple of months. 

A few weeks ago, we got this email from Microsoft saying that as of 6/1/17, dashboard sharing would only be part of the Pro version, but that we would be extended a one-year free trial of Pro.

I logged in this morning and was extended the free trial. However, I seem to be the only one. When I have other business users log in, they don't seem to be impacted. They aren't extended a free trial, but they also haven't lost access to shared dashboards, and they seem to be able to share them.

Does one trial "count" for the whole company? And if a month from now, a new user gets set up with Power BI, will they need to sign up for either a free trial or pay for the Pro version to access shared dashboards?

8 REPLIES 8
swise001
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Similar issue here.  I am the first user in my organization to receive the invitation to the extended trial, which didn't come in until Saturday June 3rd.   I believe the roll-out is taking longer than expected - and may be going in the order of when individuals activated their Power BI account (as opposed to an entire organization at once).  

@swise001,

I believe the roll-out is taking longer than expected

Possibly(or hopefully)

and may be going in the order of when individuals activated their Power BI account 
(as opposed to an entire organization at once).

I'm pretty sure this is not the case, In my organization I'm one of the very first few who activated PowerBI(as free) or has logged in to PowerBI service, I know people who just activated PowerBI month's after I did(just because I showed them how) but today they are already getting the 1-year PowerBI Pro Trial.

I am hoping though that your first statement is true, and that I would get mine a few days from now.

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I second this, I still don't know how many but yes... I know a colleague who got the notification but as of June 1 10:30 PM local time (+8 GMT), I still dont have anything but I didn't loss access to shared dashboards as well.

Already did Clear Cache if it were browser-related, but it's not. Might be a delay or something due to the number of subscribers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wondering if maybe it's just the users who have content posted on the site. I have one other team member who was issued the free trial. He hadn't created a dashboard or shared it, but he had published a file onto the site. 

Hi @Anonymous, @ovetteabejuela,

Here is a good article about the details of Power BI Extended Pro Trial activation. Could you go to check if it helps to answer your questions?

If you still have any question on Power BI Extended Pro Trial activation after checking that article, feel free to post here. Smiley Happy

Regards

Yep, I have gone through that already last week.

What does this suppose to mean though:

"Users that have licenses assigned from the Power BI Pro or Power BI Pro Trial subscriptions, within Office 365, are excluded from this offer."

But here's the thing most of us in the organization are granted the 1-year trial and only a very few were not(I'm one of the unfortunates).

Hi @ovetteabejuela,

What does this suppose to mean though:

"Users that have licenses assigned from the Power BI Pro or Power BI Pro Trial subscriptions, within Office 365, are excluded from this offer."

To understand this, you can go through Subscription trial in Office 365 and Purchase subscription in Office 365 first.

So if your Power BI license is assigned from the Power BI Pro subscriptions or Power BI Pro Trial subscriptions within Office 365? Smiley Happy

Regards

Thanks @v-ljerr-msft,

Now I'm pretty sure mine was FREE and I should be eligible for the 1-year trial just like my colleagues are enjoying right now (some few like me are not, but everyone were under free subscription)

Anyway, one of the community Mods is bound to check on my case, I'm waiting for a word from him this week (hopefully sooner).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors