Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Getting error while exporting Matrix Visual to Excel

Hi All,

I am getting below error while exporting Matrix table into excel. I have 20 columns in the rows section in Matrix, however if i reduce the number of columns to 13 or less then it exports without any issue. 

Please note issue is  only with export to Data with Current Layout. Any leads is appreciated.

pratnappagol12_1-1659551964209.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @pratnappagol12 

There is an export limitation on the Power BI Service and it appears that with the 20 columns you are going over the limit.

It could also be a potential bug with the Data with current layout too. And if that is the case I would then log a support ticket to have it looked at.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bmatthewsbf

@pratnappagol12 @GilbertQ my users are reporting this exact problem but it occurs even with 1 record.  Did you submit a ticket and has there been a resolution? 

thanks for your help.

@bmatthewsbf Yes, I have raised an incident with Microsoft. If i get any resolution i will post the same on this forum.

Thanks @GilbertQ 

Can you please share any support document for limitation of 20 columns for reference ?

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @pratnappagol12 

There is an export limitation on the Power BI Service and it appears that with the 20 columns you are going over the limit.

It could also be a potential bug with the Data with current layout too. And if that is the case I would then log a support ticket to have it looked at.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors