Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rafa52
Regular Visitor

Getting a Power BI Pro License

Hello Everyone,

I have used the trial version of Power BI and now I'm familiar with the software and Iwant to get a License to keep using it. I was able to sign up for the trial version using two kinds of emails 1) an organization and 2) a school.

I want to buy a license of Power BI pro but I have an issue, 1) I no longer work at an organization so I can't use that email and 2) I graduated from school so they disable my Microsoft License.  Is there a different way to get a Power BI Pro License? 

best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Rafa52,

AFAIk, power bi pro license is for 'work' users so it requires an organization/school account.
If you want to use this personally, I'd like to suggest you create a personal office 365 tenant to manually manage and use power bi subscription.

Signing up for Power BI with a new Office 365 Trial 

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello  

Great information @Rafa52 will definitely help someone else down the line I am sure.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I know that they used to support getting Power BI Pro without an Office 365 tenant and this would end up creating what was called a "shadow tenant" behind the scenes. So, that may still work and you could sign up using something like an outlook.com address perhaps. If not, maybe just go out and stand up a new tenant with an Exchange Online Plan 1 license ($4/month):

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/exchange/compare-microsoft-exchange-online-plans

Or an F1 license, also $4/month.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors