Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TimCPA
Regular Visitor

Getting Item Detail Behind Insights

I just started a free trial for the Power BI service and am trying to figure out something basic with the Get Insights from the Dataset.

I have the dataset in my workspace and run the View Instights. It loads up some interesting visualizations. I find one interesting and click on it to make it the Focus Mode. I run the Get Insights on that visualization now. 

That brings up new visualizations along the right. There are several that indicate outliers. (In my case stock purchases.)

I click on one of them to make the focus. I wind up with the situation below. I have outliers that I wish to drill down to or somehow see the details of those items. I can pin it to a dashboard but I don't think that's the solution because I fumbled around with that a little.

I'm very new to the Power BI service so I'm very clueless at the moment. Thanks for any help

Outlier.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

HI @TimCPA ,

My suggestion is that you recreate that specific visual in the desktop.  And then, add your own tooltips or other items as you see fit.  At first glance, that appears to me to be the Scatter Chart.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

Thanks, I will do that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey @TimCPA ,

So, when you hover over this dot, doesn't it give you hover help?  If you are looking to add more detail and do more things with this visual, you can take a look at the type and the fields and then recreate it as a new visual in the servicer and/or add it to your Desktop file.  That way you can add drill down or hover help or other functionality. 

Is that what you are looking for?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

It doesn't do anything when I hover over it or even right click it.

I was hoping there was a way similar to if it were in the Desktop either to right click and Show Data Point as Table or use that visualization as a filter and use it to limit a new table visualization showing then only the outliers I highlighted.

HI @TimCPA ,

My suggestion is that you recreate that specific visual in the desktop.  And then, add your own tooltips or other items as you see fit.  At first glance, that appears to me to be the Scatter Chart.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks, I will do that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors